Members of Iron Workers Local 25 can earn a Construction Supervision Certificate or a Construction Supervision Associate in Science degree - entirely online.
Apply for your credits:
- Successfully complete one, three-credit class at Washtenaw Community College.
- Complete the Request for Apprenticeship Credit Form.
- Submit the completed form to WCC via email, fax or mail.
- WCC will verify your apprenticeship.
- Call (734) 973-3685 for details.
- Complete the required five Construction Supervision classes (15 credits).
- Earn your Certificate.
- Complete the additional 30 general education credits.
- Earn your Associate in Science degree.
- If you have previous college credits, apply for a credit transfer.
Get Started Today!
Introduction to Online Learning
Begin your degree by completing the Introduction to Online Learning class. This is a non-credit class designed to prepare you for success in the online classroom.
- This class must be completed within *two weeks of registration.
- The cost is $25, which is non-refundable.
- Learn with your Union Brothers and Sisters.
- Register at the Construction Supervision Page: https://www.wccnet.edu/learn/our-offerings/union-members/ironworkers-campaign.php. Fill out the Contact Us form to receive more information.
You are closer to a college degree than you think!
Credit Breakout for Associate in Science Degree
|Metal Building Erector
Reinforcing Iron Worker
Architectural & Ornamental
|Journeyman Iron Worker|
|Apprenticeship Credits||19 credits||26 credits|
|Construction Supervision Credits||15 credits||15 credits|
|General Education Credits||30 credits||30 credits|
|Writing||6-7 credits (2 classes)||6-7 credits (2 classes)|
|Speech||3 credits (1 class)||3 credits (1 class)|
|Mathematics (MTH 169 or higher)||3-4 credits (1 class)||3-4 credits (1 class)|
|Natural Science with Lab||4 credits (1 class)||4 credits (1 class|
|Social Science||6 credits (2 classes)||6 credits (2 classes)|
|Arts and Humanities||6 credits (2 classes)||6 credits (2 classes)|
|Computer and Information Literacy*||3 credits (1 class)||3 credits (1 class)|
|Associate in Science||64 credits||71 credits|
The Construction Supervision Program: Earn a Certificate or Associate in Science Degree while acquiring leadership and project management skills.
- UAS 111: Construction Supervision I - Motivating Employees
- UAS 122: Construction Supervision II - Supervisory Skills
- UAS 210: Construction Supervision III - Legal and Personnel Aspects
- UAS 222: Construction Supervision IV - The Construction Project
- UAS 230: Construction Supervision V - Scheduling and Project Management